COOLFluiD (Computational Object-Oriented Libraries for Fluid Dynamics) is a component- based framework for scientific high-performance computing, CFD and multi-physics applications, originally developed at the von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics.
COOLFluiD is a open end collaborative platform providing a powerful set of tools for:
- solving toy or complex applications with existing numerical solvers;
- building totally new or customized models/solvers with arbitrary data-structures;
- easily defining reusable components (e.g. algorithms, models, BCs, wrappers);
- building virtual prototypes and easily test new algorithms or models;
- interfacing or coupling other libraries/solvers to tackle more complex problems;
- large scale simulations.
The COOLFluiD platform is an open source and the code is downloadable from Github.