Eight insightful papers at the AIAA Aviation Forum 2023
We're delighted to announce that our Aeroacoustic research team at the von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, led by Dr. Christophe Schram and comprising Dr. Riccardo Zamponi, Dr. Julien Christophe, Dr. Alessandro Zarri, Erica Gallo, Kartik Venkatraman, Jack Evan Barker and Olivier Moriaux, recently had the chance to present eight insightful papers at the AIAA Aviation Forum 2023 held in San Diego. Their presentations covered a broad spectrum of compelling topics, from propeller noise to wind turbine noise, installed jet noise, and urban noise propagation, bringing fresh insights to these essential areas.
Here's an overview of their contributions:
- Aerodynamic and Acoustic Interaction Effects of Adjacent Propellers in Forward Flight https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-4489
- Numerical Investigation of Tonal Noise Emissions from Propeller-Wing Aerodynamic and Acoustic Interactions https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-4056
- Experimental Characterization of Flow Through Porous Fairings https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-4175
- Mitigation of Flow-Induced Cylinder Noise Through the Control of Sound Diffraction https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-3925
- Experimental Investigations of Installed Jet Noise Emitted by Rectangular and Slanted Nozzles https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-4176
- Numerical Investigation of Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics of Helical Darrieus Wind Turbines https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-3641
- Darrieus Wind Turbine Noise Propagation in Urban Environments Using Ray Tracing https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-3646
- Development of a Model-Driven Calibration Method for Remote Microphone Probes Using Bayesian Inference https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2023-4059
These contributions reinforce our commitment to fostering understanding and driving progress in the field of aeroacoustics.